The Pinion Preload setting & checking system held by spring balancer at the assembly line, the operator engages the fixture with the housing by guiding in the dowels and performs testing.
- The Gear-Box is received at the backlash station after installing the crown gear using master shim.
- The operator measures the backlash of the Ring gear and enters the value in the software.
- The Final preload checking fixture is held by spring balancer at the assembly line, the operator engages the fixture with the housing by guiding in the dowels.
- The operator starts the Run. The Preload value is measured by the torque cell.
- The Operator enters this value in the software. The software using predictive and mathematical algorithm calculates the Shim required for setting the Backlash between 0.1-0.3mm and final preload between1.84-2.74 Nm.
- The values for increasing or decreasing the shims on LH and RH side is displayed on the screen.
- The operator uses these shims and re-assembles again.
- The process is finished by checking the final preload and backlash.